Vision Problems are More Common than You Think
Did you know that 63 million Americans have a vision issue, and less than half of them saw an eyecare professional last year? That’s one of the many reasons it’s so important for you and your family members to get your eyes examined every year.
Here’s more information – and more fast facts – about the why’s and how’s of vision.
Did you know…
- More than 70 percent of UV radiation can pass through clouds?
- You blink more than 17,000 times a day?
- 75 percent of the world’s blindness is preventable?
- One quarter of all U.S. school children have a vision problem significant enough to affect learning?
- One in five people is at risk for vision loss?
Early detection is crucial in preventing and treating eye conditions and diseases. Getting a complete exam every year is an important step you can take to help monitor and protect your vision health. Click here to schedule your next vision screening appointment.
Here are some of the vision issues that we treat at Family Focused Eyecare:
- Nearsighted (Myopia)
- Farsighted (Hyperopia)
- Cataract Surgery
Common Eye Diseases
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Dry Eye
Leave a Comment